Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cinefamily


My favorite theater in the world is doing a kickstarter campaign to get a DCP projector, sound system, better seats, a new marquee and a slew of other upgrades. If you have ever frequented the space I highly recommend donating. The video for their kickstarter project is one of the best kickstarter videos I have ever seen! Shadoe Stevens does the voice over. Very well edited. Funny as shit. Check it out:

CINEFAMILY KICKSTARTER VIDEO AND LINK
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cinefamily/cinefamily-digital-projection-and-theater-restorat

I would go on to describe what the Cinefamily does, but I think the video paints the perfect picture of what the Cinefamily is all about, so I will spare you the words.

I use to dream of a place like the Cinefamily. No, literally. I mean, I literally had reoccurring dreams that a local cinema (or drive-in theater depending on the dream) would show double and triple features of rare cinema. Films that nobody had seen before. People lived in the space. There were reoccurring characters in the dream.  It was like a big cinema family, everyone with one common obsession and love. I haven't had this dream since I moved to Los Angeles because I am literally living inside the dream now. I grew up and lived in Ohio until I was 29 years old. We didn't get a lot of this type of programming and for some reason I would dream about the perfect space and perfect programming for cinema. I have found it in my waking life. It's the Cinefamily.




No comments:

Post a Comment