Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 16: Resolution and The Toolbox Murders

Another Day of Screamfest and Cinefamily. I seriously see the same people every day. It's like we are this dysfunctional family. Again, sorry to be so brief, just need to catch up.

Resolution

A screamfest premiere. The filmmakers were there to introduce the film, though I didn't have time to stay for the post Q&A. They were incredibly energetic. They invited everyone over to the Figuerroa Hotel bar for drinks and more Q&A. Nice. Too bad I had to dash afterward to catch Toolbox Murders.

The film has a great premise. Two friends in a semi remote location on an Indian reservation. One is a crack addicted junkie who is squating in an abandoned house on the reservation. The other is his best friend and upstanding citizen who is going to hand cuff his buddy to the house pipes and force him to kick his habit. Well, some bad shit happens.

The premise is what sold me on attending. The performances proved to be good too. As I watched the film, I was absorbed and curious as to what was going to happen next. The guys keep finding old VHS tapes and old super 8 films around. Eventually they turn up on the films. Is someone taping them? What's going on....

I was glued throughout most of the film. By the end of it all, upon reflection I was a little disappointed, but the trip was a lot of fun. I don't want to spoil anything so I will keep it as that.

The Toolbox Murders
Brief....must be brief. The Toolbox Murders. Phil Blankenship, one of the Cinefamily bookers said it well, "If you like Violence, you are going to love the first 20 minutes of this film. If you like talking, you are going to love the next 60 minutes." Ha! OK, its not really that boring, I actually find all the middle stuff interesting. But yes, there is a lot of Violence to kick it off. Sorry...gotta be brief. I recommend The Toolbox Murders. You'll love Cameron Mitchell's performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment